Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's a cruel world.



In this time of uncertainty one must make quite an effort to prevent total meltdown. Without any promise of future employment things can seem pretty bleak and after the gloom and doom of paying first months rent on Monday I was about ready to sign up for food stamps. It was then, amidst the fear of failure, that a sign of hope appeared from inside a small brown cookie. It read, "You will achieve great success in the future."

"Could it be true, I wondered to myself?" as I devoured the tasty treat. "This cookie believes in me, maybe I should too."
I awoke the next morning with a renewed sense of confidence. As I walked out the door I stuck the fortuitous fortune in the back pocket of my jeans and headed out to find a job. The perfect job. It didn't last long.

Down in the frozen belly of the Welch computer lab at Biola depression sunk in once again as I realized no one was willing to pay me to pet cats and eat flan all day long. I reached into my pocket for reassurance from the small piece of paper that believed in me only to discover that the piece of paper had been replaced by a small piece of lint and a candy wrapper. It seemed success had left me.

I then made the horrible mistake of ordering Wendy's chili for lunch. I am still reaping the benefits of that decision as little chilis and and onions dance in my belly like its 1999.
Growing up is hard. I hope I get better at it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Apparently, this blog is all about cats. Check out my shop at >>>>WHITE WONDER